The start of Season 10 brought a season exclusive map called Haven. With Update 10.3 officially launching today, the season expands with an assortment of performance upgrades and new features that include a new Weapon Sound Selection system, some lighting improvements for Karakin, and team emotes.
- Karakin Map Improvements: Karakin has received a lighting pass, improving overall lighting and giving each area its own unique feel and tone. Additionally, general bug fixes across the map will improve the player experience.
- Weapon Sound Select System: Players can now select between original and remastered versions of select weapon sounds, including the M249, M416, Kar98k, and SKS. All players have to do is select their preference in the Settings Menu under the Audio tab.
- Emote With Your Squad Mates: Certain emotes can now be used together, in sync with teammates. Sync-up your emotes with players within a 15 meter radius of your character. Players can view each emote and the maximum number of players who can sync-up with you at once under Customization, Emotes, on the main menu.
- Reputation System Update: Introduced with Update 10.2, the reputation system was implemented to designate whether a player is well-mannered or not towards others. We’ve updated the system so that if players exit a match in the starting area, prior to boarding the plan, it will not negatively impact reputation (applicable only to normal games and not Ranked).
FULL PATCH NOTES
Update 10.3 is here with an assortment of new features and performance upgrades including a new Weapon Sound Selection system, some lighting improvements for Karakin, and even the ability to emote with your teammates!
Dive into the full patch notes below for details on everything new!
Test Server Match Settings
To ensure smooth matchmaking and allow players to experience the lighting and weather changes specific to Karakin, queues are limited to Normal Matches with Karakin being the one available map. This temporary change is only for the Test Server and doesn’t impact queues on Live Servers.
In consideration of the PGI.S tournament schedule, the next monthly update will be later than usual. Also, from next Season the general structure will change and we’ll have more details to share with you as we get closer to release.
Weapon Sound Select System
As previously introduced in last December’s Dev Letter, we’re happy to be implementing the Weapon Sound Select System. This feature allows players to select between the original and remastered versions of certain weapon sounds.
Select your preference from the Settings Menu, under the Audio tab.
Karakin Map Improvements
- Karakin Lighting Improvements
- Karakin has received lighting pass, improving overall lighting and giving each area it’s own unique feel and tone.
- General bug fixes across the map to improve the player experience.
Kicking AFK Players in Training Mode
- Much like in TDM, players who AFK in Training Mode will be removed from the session, with a 10 second warning prior to removal.
- Players will receive a message after being kicked, to let you know why you’ve been removed.
- Players who AFK in Training Mode after queuing for Ranked with our Dual Matchmaking will be removed from the Training Mode session, but remain in their Ranked queue.
Emote With Your Squad Mates
Certain emotes can now be used together, in sync with teammates! Emotes which support this feature are displayed with two characters in the emote image.
- Sync-up your emotes with players within a 15 meter radius of your character or in the lobby on the main menu.
- You can choose to stop emoting at any time, independent of the person who had initiated the emotes.
- Free-look camera is supported while emoting in TPP only.
- View each emote and the maximum number of players who can sync-up with you at once under Customization, Emotes, on the main menu.
- You’re unable to use other interactions while emoting, such as vaulting or picking up items.
Improved Store Experience
Improved G-Coin messaging on purchases to ensure players understand the value of their G-Coin purchase.
- Previously, any bonus G-Coin was bundled into one G-Coin total. Now, bonus G-Coin is also displayed as an independent figure.
- Added Currency Filter
- You can sort and browse the items by BP or G-Coin.
Season 10 is Soon Wrapping Up
Haven will only be around until the end of Season 10, enjoy the most out of it while it’s here!
Survivor Pass Schedule
Survivor Pass: Breakthrough comes to an end on March 24. You still have two weeks from that point to claim all your rewards and access the coupon shop. Although, you’ll no longer be able to purchase or use Level-Up Tokens, purchase the Premium Survivor Pass, or complete missions from that date.
- March 23, 7 PM PDT
- March 24, 11 AM KST
- March 24, 3 AM CET
In regards to the Ranked Season schedule, stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated with specific Ranked announcements.
Reputation System Update
The Reputation System introduced is one of our newest features, implemented in Update 10.2 and is designed to encourage positive player interactions within the community. We have received lots of player feedback so far and a common trend we’re seeing is that some players feel certain penalties are too harsh.
We hear your concerns and are making the following changes with Update 10.3:
- Normal Matches: Exiting a match while in the starting area, prior to boarding the plane will NOT negatively impact your reputation.
- Ranked Matches: You will lose reputation for exiting Ranked Matches, even if exiting while in the starting area prior to the plane leaving. There are some exceptions, which you can read below.
- You can leave a Ranked Match up to 5 minutes after (but not before) the plane has taken off without losing reputation, in situations where matchmaking has provided you with a random teammate who has then exited the match.
- Additionally, the same applies if matchmaking fails to provide you with at least one random teammate after queuing for Ranked Squads.
We’ll continue reading your feedback and make additional improvements in the future. Please, let us know your thoughts on these change.
We have made multiple improvements to various pipelines and processes to improve overall performance.
- Improved performance for low core count CPUs.
- Optimized the pipeline for lighting calculation methods to improve performance.
- Improved CPU performance by processing both character animation and vehicle physics calculations in parallel.
- Improved memory optimization of character models through memory cache optimization.
- Improved memory and processing optimization cost.
- Optimized CPU/GPU performance with improved character creation/deletion logic.
- Optimizations have been made so that objects such as furniture and stairs, can be viewed normally while ADS even at medium/long distances.
Items & Skins
- Victory Dance 39
- Victory Dance 40
- Sales Period
- 2/9 2021 11 AM KST – 2/8 2022 11 AM KST
- 2/8 2021 6 PM PST – 2/7 2022 6 PM PST
- 2/9 2021 3 AM CET – 2/8 2022 3 AM CET
- Sales Period
Valentine’s Day Skins – February 13, 11 AM KST – March 13, 11 AM KST
- RED HOOD’S BUNDLE
- Red’s Scar
- Red’s Hood
- Red’s Jeans
- Red’s Gloves
- Red’s Boots
- BIG BAD BUNDLE
- Big Bad’s Hood
- Big Bad’s Jeans
- Big Bad’s Boots
- Bloodlust Weapon Skins
- Bloodlust – SKS
- Bloodlust – Vector
- Victory Dance 41
- Victory Dance 42
- Fixed the issue where sometimes respawns wouldn’t work correctly in TDM.
- Fixed a clipping issue when Racy Reindeer Top and Lv. 2 Vest is equipped at the same time.
- Fixed a clipping issue when a female character equips Sinister Skull Mask and PGI.S Hood.
- Fixed a clipping issue when a female character equips Gen.g Jersey and Madsy Utility Belt.
- Fixed the issue where the female character’s hair disappears when wearing Shiba Crew Hood Jersey and a hat.
- Fixed the clipping issue when Christmas Party Jacket clips with the main weapon.
- Fixed the issue where reporting a player in Custom Match – Observer didn’t function.
- Fixed an issue where the livestream displays wouldn’t function correctly with certain PC configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the video on livestream displays would stop working correctly.
- Fixed the issue where when using a controller, the r-stick and d-pad on didn’t scroll or change focus when navigating the inventory in certain occasions.
- Fixed the issue where certain vehicle parts were sticking out too low onto the ground.
- Fixed an issue where Schwizard’s Hypno-eyes Glasses and other types of glasses could be worn at the same time.
- Fixed an issue with an out-of-date Key Guide on the loading screen.
- Fixed the issue where when selecting Emotes in the menu, the wrong sound effect played..
- Fixed an issue where the size of a character in the PASS 10-2 loading screen was too large.
- Fixed a translation setting issue for Japanese in the Reputation System.
- Fixed an issue where filtering didn’t work when entering a banned word after pressing [CTRL] + [Backspace] before entering chat.
- Fixed the issue where other players’ reputation levels were not displayed correctly.
- Fixed the issue where the number of daily/weekly missions did not match the actual number of missions.
- Fixed the issue where the previous season points are incorrectly displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon icon in use was displayed as a steering wheel when the observer is watching a player who is shooting while driving.
- Fixed the issue where certain nicknames are displayed in the wrong position when the observer zooms in on the map.
- Fixed the issue where the visible/invisible hat icons in the inventory weren’t aligned correctly.
- Fixed the issue where the Hero section in the News Page wasn’t displayed properly under certain conditions.
- Fixed the issue where the attachment UI disappears when switching back and forth fast between the driver’s seat and the passenger seat in a vehicle with the inventory window open.
- Fixed an issue where the notification was continuously re-received when reconnecting to the lobby even if the expiration notification of the customized preset slot was deleted.
`Stay tuned to ICUGamer.com for more news and reviews!