Patch 5.35 Releases October 13 Featuring New Bozjan Southern Front Content
SQUARE ENIX® today unveiled new details for FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Patch 5.4 during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast. Patch 5.4, entitled “Futures Rewritten,” is scheduled for release in early December 2020 and brings fresh content to the critically acclaimed Shadowbringers™ expansion.
Additionally, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced plans to support the PlayStation®4 console version of FINAL FANTASY XIV on the PlayStation®5 console. Players will be able to utilize the in-game PS4™Pro display settings, and the PlayStation 5 hardware will ensure quick load times.
December’s Patch 5.4 update will include a number of updates and new content for adventurers of all playstyles:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Following the grand conclusion of the Shadowbringers story in Patch 5.3, players will set out on a new adventure.
New Raid Dungeon: Eden’s Promise – The third chapter in the 8-player Eden raid series brings new challenging battles available as both normal and savage difficulties.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow of Werlyt Updates – The next chapter in “The Sorrow of Werlyt” questline will introduce Emerald Weapon.
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon – Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance at unique prizes.
- Blue Mage Update – The limited job will receive a number of new updates, including an increased level cap, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to traverse Shadowbringers dungeons without the danger of enemies in order to take screenshots. Players can also summon both mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.
- Performance Action Update – Playable instruments have been expanded to include the violin.
- Triple Triad Updates – In addition to revised match rules and UI enhancements, new limited-time tournaments will be held, which will also be available via the Duty Finder.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The fourth and final stage of the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard begins.
- “Save the Queen” Update – New 24- and 48-player large-scale battle content and the opportunity to further enhance Resistance weapons arrives in the next chapter of this multi-part adventure featuring a scenario written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FINAL FANTASY XII).
- Adjustments to PvE and PvP actions, updates to Ocean Fishing and Doman Mahjong, treasure hunt dungeon updates, new UI skins, and more.
Additionally, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida confirmed the release of Patch 5.35 is set for October 13, which is headlined by the latest chapter in the “Save the Queen” questline, featuring a story written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FINAL FANTASY XII). The patch also introduces the new Bozjan Southern Front battle content—a new area to explore where the Bozjan Resistance has begun Operation Eagle’s Nest in a bid to regain Alermuc Fortress from the Empire. Players can also enhance powerful weapons obtained in the first chapter of this quest series by participating in a variety of in-game content, including the new Bozjan Southern Front.
Having recently announced 20 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The recently expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online and has received acclaim from critics and fans alike since its release in July 2019. Packed with striking new environments, the new gunbreaker and dancer jobs, Hrothgar and Viera races, Trust system and much more, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers offers players both old and new hundreds of hours of content to explore.